Provide a naturally better site -specific solution with Geotextiles and Geogrids
To prevent biodegrading, Geotextiles and Geogrids are produced from chemically-resistant synthetic fibers that are made into a flexible, porous fabric.
Geosynthetics reinforce roads from the bottom up, keeping road base aggregate clean and preventing it from being punched into soft subgrade soils. Roads reinforced with Geosynthetics last twice as long and reduce the cost associated with replacing asphalt.
When Geotextiles and Geogrids are used opposed to deep undercuts and structural fills, the amount of earth moving and excavation required at a site is decreased reducing the CO2 emissions which helps to improve our air quality.
Geotextiles and Geogrids enhances the performance of civil engineering projects:
- they are easy to work with and install
- prevent the mixing of two layers of soil having different particle sizes; performance criteria are AOS, tear, tensile strength, permeability, and permittivity.
- retain fine particles while allowing water to flow through acting as a filter rather than a drain.
- gather and discharge liquids or gases not required functionally by structure; performance criteria are mass, transmissivity, and permeability.
- provide a tensile element to the soil matrix, thus providing more competent structural material; performance criteria to consider are grab, elongation, tear and mass.
- shield synthetic membranes from puncture and abrasion as well as perforation; performance criteria to consider are puncture resistance, mass, and burst strength.
- maintain structural base
- assist with erosion and sediment control
- reinforce soils
- improve subsurface drainage & filtration
To see our projects using geotextiles and geogrids, click here.
Contact us today to discover the right product for your project.
D2 Land & Water Resource is the Midwest Premier Engineered Solutions Provider with corporate headquarters centrally located in Indianapolis. Whether in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio, or Michigan, we deploy solutions that meet project goals.