Erosion Control Blankets
North American Green RollMax erosion control blankets (ECBs) have long been popular for a range of applications, protecting slopes, channels, and anywhere else erosion could take place while nurturing the vegetation that will provide for permanent erosion control.
- For help selecting what ECB is best for your site, based on longevity, maximum slope, and maximum shear values, see the RollMax Product Selection Chart in the Downloads section.
- ECBs performance is heavily dependent on terminations and anchoring. For more information, See the RollMax and Vmax Install Guide and Staple Pattern Guide in the Downloads section.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Nets which hold together the fiber matrix of an ECB include photodegradable and biodegradable options. Photodegradable are broken down by UV over time, while biodegradable are broken down by biological processes and considered more wildlife-friendly. North American Green biodegradable ECBs are those with names ending in BN.
- Fiber matrix materials include straw, coconut, or a mixture of the two. Coconut tends to be more dense, and so performs better in long slopes and in flows. Because of the density, coconut may vegetate more slowly than straw.
- For areas that will be vegetate and be mown quickly, accelerated photodegradable nets are an option for shortest design life. North American Green accelerated photodegradable ECBs are those with names beginning with D.